Friday, March 11, 2011

I AM AN ARMY WIFE

I am an army wife. I knew exactly what I was getting myself into when I got married, I knew that there would be good times and bad times, as well as times when I may get lonely, overwhelmed, and feel like absolutely everything is out of my control. But I also knew when I married Mr. W that all the loneliness, and stress would be worth it. Just knowing that he will soon be back in my arms and that he is doing a wonderful thing for our country makes the time pass a little bit easier.

I am an army wife. I have been in the worlds most difficult long distance relationship so don't go comparing your long distance relationship to mine... they are completely different unless you've been in a relationship with a service member.

Don't tell me you know what is like to spend months away from one of the most loved people in your life, whom you barely get to talk to, who is in danger everyday, and who you know is in a place where things could turn bad at a moments notice... because NEWS FLASH... YOU DON'T KNOW

Don't whine to me that you and your significant other don't get to spend your days together,
Don't whine to me that you are feeling "deprived" when you haven't had any "action" in TWO WHOLE WEEKS,
Don't whine to me because your significant other works "so far away"
AND
Don't whine to me that you are stressed

because frankly... I am NOT the person to get sympathy from in these situations and I could careless about your problems compared to what I deal with.


and this concludes my vent of the week.

1 comment:

  1. You are not the only one who goes through this and you won't be the last. Just bare with the stupid comments and rely on friends and family to help you get through the tough spots. You have a great support system in friends and family that you need not worry yourself with the comment like "you know what you are going through" cause like you I agree because they don't. To this day when someone complains about their husbands being gone for 2 freakin days, I tell them, OH PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Be grateful he is coming home. What about the military people go without theirs for months and years. They have no right to complain at all.

    ReplyDelete