Monday, May 2, 2011

Osama Who?

So as many of you know... Osama Bin Laden is dead.

not even moments after the news broke my facebook was flooded with status updates about it. As i read some of the updates and the comments on them I couldn't help but be offended, especially when people would ask "Who Cares?" So this is what I put as my status...

"for all of you who dont' care or are asking "who cares?" about the death of Osama Bin Laden... i'll have you know that i care as well as many other military members and their families... its a very big deal to us especially if our loved one is overseas... so think about that before you ask that kind of question!"

So if you saw this let me explain myself... I know some people don't think its that big of a deal. But as an army wife... it is a very big deal.

This death could be a good thing or a very VERY bad thing... as I was watching CNN last night I heard the news anchor say that this death with cause the Al queda and all other terrorist organizations linking to Osama bin Ladan to become lost.

Just because they lost their leader doesn't mean the war is going to stop... not even close. His followers will be mad and retaliate. Things may get better eventually but not right away. As much as I (and many other people) wish that it worked that way, it doesn't and we all know that. If anything it will get worse before it gets better.


With my husband being currently deployed I'm worried about him more than ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment