Friday, September 13, 2013

Fitness Friday #1


Since I've been working out more and trying to get in shape, I thought I would share with everyone how its going, what I've been doing, and some other things to help others... So here it goes.

I've found a local kickboxing class that is about 45 minutes long and is practically in my backyard (literally). Classes are 4 days a week at 9 in the morning its a great way to get my day started. On top of that I go to the gym when I can, workout at home, and I've started running!(my pace has gone down by over 2 minutes since I started)

At the gym I usually do weight training and some cardio.
But at home I use a lot of workouts I've found on Pinterest and most of them are from Back On Pointe

APPS:
Here are all the apps I use when I workout:
Nike+Running: It uses GPS to track your route while you walk/run and will even show you when you were fastest and slowest. It gives you motivation by trying to push you farther than your farthest run. $ = FREE!
C25K: An 8 week program that helps you to achieve a 5k (or 30 minute) run without stopping. Over time the amount or walking lessens as the running increases. It also has the feature of telling you when to walk and when to run, if your listening to music while you run it will lower the volume give the cue.(my pace has gone down by over 2 minutes since I started)  $ = FREE!
My Fitness Pal: This lets you set a goal on your calorie intake and helps you keep track of calories eaten and calories burned. You can enter in a food to the database, use the search, or even scar the barcode on the food your eating. and select exercises to account for calories burned. It also helps you track your weight. $ = FREE!
7 Minute Workout: Is exactly what the title indicates. It uses random exercises for 7 minutes and you can make it longer or shorter and keep track of days you used it on you calender. $ = FREE!



ReasonsToBeFit [#0999]
Because its time to do something for me.


No comments:

Post a Comment