Friday, December 24, 2010

Catch-Up

So I've been slacking in the blogging department for about a week now but I'm on vacation so can you blame me? anyways.... So last Friday Lilly and I left for Michigan. We flew from LA, to Dallas, to Chicago, and finally arrived in MI... Thankfully there was a nice USO center in the Dallas airport with a nice little kids area with a highchair and stuff so i could sit and feed Lilly in a quiet area. Not to mention how I was lucky enough to have my fabulous daughter be an angel the whole time... there was no crying or fussing on the airplanes or in the airports...


we also made a new friend on our flight from Dallas to Chicago... our flight attendant Christy... she was so sweet...


we finally got to MI and rested up and the next day was shopping and set up the Christmas tree with new ornaments and all. At the end of the night me and my MotherInLaw watched National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation... "SAY THE BLESSING" was our favorite line of the night.



Sunday and Monday weren't too adventurous. We ended up hanging around the house and wrapping Christmas presents and such, but Lilly did cut her second tooth and time with the family is always nice, especially when you rarely get to see them all. Tuesday was just hanging out at home again but once my SisterInLaw got home from school we made some amazingly cute mini cakes... Everyone got to try some, even Lilly

 and these are only a few.

Wednesday and Today Lilly and I hung out with my FatherInLaw since he has been off work for the holidays... I even made him some Pannukakku (Finnish Pancakes) on Wed. And today we went and did some last minute Christmas shopping and spent time with our cousins and grandparents.


and for those of you willing to try it here is a Pannukakku Recipe:

                    4 eggs                          1 c. flour
                    2 c. milk                       1/2 tsp. salt
                    1-3 tbsp. sugar            4 tbsp. butter
Beat eggs. Add milk, sugar, flour, and salt; beat well. Pour batter into a 12- inch heavy frying pan, which has been heated in a 425 degree oven with the butter. Heat the pan until butter sizzles. Bake for 20 minutes in a 425 degree oven until the pancake is puffed and nicely browned. Serves 6-8.

No comments:

Post a Comment