Tuesday, January 25, 2011

The Sunshine State. . . a.k.a. Florida

So for the last week and a half Lilly and I were in Florida visiting my dad and sister. and we had a fun time. Our trip started off kinda rough mostly because my first flight to Atlanta was DELAYED... so instead of getting in to Tampa at 7:20, we got in at 9:30 p.m. but it was worth all the stress and trouble when we finally got there and saw them waiting for us there. and enjoyed our late night dinner at Denny's :)  It was pretty tasty considering we don't have one around the always lovely Ft. Polk (sarcasm intended)

The Saturday and Sunday were shopping / hanging at home days. Sunday night however, my sister was kind enough to watch miss Lillian while my dad and I went to Hooters to watch the Packers pound the Falcons... it was an exciting evening for us. Just wish Mr. W could have seen it (he was working)

Monday-Thursday my dad had to work but was home early-ish to spend time with us and we went out to dinner EVERY NIGHT... it was so nice. we had sushi and even went to Carrabba's as part of my dad's Christmas present. We did some minor shopping during the week... I even found these A-D-O-R-A-B-L-E sunglasses for Lilly...

♥ Such a little diva ♥

 FRIDAY was a super fun day for us. We went to Busch Gardens (free thanks to Mr.W) Lilly really enjoyed looking at all the animals and watching all the rollercoasters. Her grandpa even got her a super cute stuffed giraffe with a hot pink "Busch Gardens" hoodie. Here are some pictures from our day...

Looking at the ducks with Grandpa...


Watching the flamingos...

They even matched...

Posing for some pictures

In the words of Mr. W... "why are you trying to feed our daughter to a tiger?"

LOVING THE TIGER. It was sitting there for a few minutes.

Watching the elephants and rocking my packers tee

Yelling at the elephants

loving on momma ♥

Yeah, I'm terrified of birds and that green blur is a bird flying right at me... AHHHHH!!!

It was a fun day :D

After we left we went shopping at the "International Plaza." Then we all went home and crashed in bed.

Saturday was another shopping day we bought Lilly some super cute clothes and her Grandpa even got her, her first official Packers tee. WHICH she wore sunday... and this brings us to one of the most eventful days of our entire trip... SUNDAY we woke up and were getting ready for breakfast, but before we left my dad wanted to scan some pictures onto his computer, it wasn't working so he went to check his scanner and leaned on the coffee table (which he and myself have done a million times) but this time the glass top broke and in he process of all of this my dad cut his finger open. When all this happened we had to go to the ER where we came to find out he had severed the tendon in his left pinky, which wouldn't have been so bad except he is a left handed nurse, and might need surgery so fingers-crossed everything turns out alright. after all of this was over we went back to the house got him all cleaned up and headed out to watch The Packers win the NFC Championship game against The Bears... Needless to say Mr.W, Me, and everyone else in Packer nation is super pumped to see them got to the super bowl

Go Pack Go!



But now I am home and doing alright. I even got help filing our taxes thanks to my always helpful Mother-In-Law. And it is a HUGE weight off my shoulders to see how much we are getting back this year.

Lovin My Life as A Mommy and Army Wife

No comments:

Post a Comment