Monday, August 20, 2012

Burnt Out...

Today was a very long day. I woke up to the beautiful sound of lawn mowers cutting our yard. This should have been a sign as to what kind of day it was going to be.

We woke up, had breakfast and I headed of to work where i thought for whatever reason that it was going to be an easy day since our rotation is out doing training... but oh man was I wrong. My 12-6 shift turned into a 12-7:30 shift fairly quickly. Between people calling out, people showing up late, and the dinner rush, there was no escaping. By time I got home all I wanted to do was eat some dinner and go to sleep, but if your a mom you should know that napping with a 2 year old present is a ridiculous concept, and cooking yourself real food is the last thing you want to do after spending the previous 3 hours cooking food for other people.

This is where the day gets better...
I managed to scrap together a bagel and some juice and that was good enough for me. Mr. W headed to "the gym" no to long after. He returned with chocolate milk,  twizzlers, and some lemonade for me... all this meaning he did NOT go to the gym. While he was gone Lilly played some games and watched netflix on my phone while Ashley (my sister in law) and I watched The Hunger Games. It turned into a very relaxing evening.

Highlight of the day...
Lilly calling my STRAWBERRY lemonade...
STRAWBOOTY lemonade.
She cracks me up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment